Valder Grants are available from the Waikato Branch of the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society Inc.
Usually $1000 - $2000 is given to individual projects.
The Grants are in memory of Lilian Valder who was patron and an active supporter and benefactor of Forest and Bird.
The grants are for conservation projects to be undertaken in the coming year.
The grants could help research, practical projects or advocacy for conservation.
There is no restriction on the type of project, provided that it contributes to conservation in New Zealand
Grants have been made for research into bats, birds, plants, pests and estuaries; controlling rats, possums, stoats and pest plants; and fencing of conservation areas.
Guidelines for applications:
- Supports the achievement of national Forest and Bird objectives
- Contributes to Waikato F and B priorities and ongoing projects
- Supports protection of endangered species throughout NZ
- Provides opportunities for F and B members to get involved
- Increases general awareness of conservation issues Successful applicants will be required to present their results to the Waikato Branch when their research or project is completed.
Preference will be given to:
- Forest and Bird members.
- Local projects in the Waikato – Coromandel region.
The Grant can be used for:
consumables used on the project
The Grant cannot be used for:
- Food, accommodation
- vehicle purchase
- Student study fees
- equipment already available from the University
- thesis production